Update by Dr. Orlando Florete, President of AMMPA, Medical Director of Knox Medical, January 29, 2017 As we move forward utilizing medical cannabis as...
Colon & Rectal:
- Anal Sphincteroplasties (for fecal incontinence)
- Rectocele repair
- Transanal excision of low-lying tumors
- Hemorrhoidectomy (“painless”, banding, and stapled)
- Fistulotomy (simple and complex)
- Pilonidal cystectomy
- Constipation, Diarrhea, Fecal Incontinence and Impaction, Diverticulitis
- Sacral nerve stimulator (for fecal incontinence)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder)
- Open and Laparoscopic Hernia repair (inguinal, ventral, umbilical)
- Breast biopsy, Mastectomy (including Axillary dissection)
- Skin biopsy and mass excision (e.g., Lipoma)
- Central vein access (Port-a-catheter, Dialysis catheter, etc.)
- Lap Band Removal
- Liver Biopsy
- Botox and Juvederm (Cosmetic/Palm/Armpit/Head Sweating/Migraines)
Colon & Rectal
Qualified compassionate physician who can order cannabis
Craig E. Amshel, M.D.
Craig Edward Amshel, M.D. is East Hillsborough’s first fellowship-trained Colon & Rectal Surgeon performing Colon, Rectal, Anal, General and advanced Laparoscopic surgery and Endoscopy at our in-office Surgical Suite in Brandon and Tampa. His office is located at 1046 Cypress Village Blvd., Sun City Center.
Dr. Amshel was born and raised in Los Angeles and obtained his B.S. in psychobiology at UCLA and his M.D. at the University of Kansas. Following a General Surgery internship in Roanoke, VA, Dr. Amshel completed his General Surgery residency at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ.
Fulfilling his ROTC commitment, Dr. Amshel jumped out of airplanes and spent two years as a General Surgeon at Ft. Leonardwood, MO and served in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He then accomplished his Colon & Rectal fellowship at the University of Miami.
Dr. Amshel has published multiple articles and has spoken at many national conferences about various surgical topics and has published a humorous book about fraternity pledging titled Fall ’86.
During his free time, Dr. Amshel enjoys spending time with his wife, son and daughter, bicycling, karate, boy scouts, playing tennis and volleyball, and skiing.